The Center Has Re-Opened!
Our regular business hours are from 8:30 AM – 5 PM, Monday-Friday. While some services will still be performed remotely, our audiology clinic is fully operational for both telehealth and in-person appointments. We want you to know your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our staff is our first priority! Here are some of the protocols in place to help keep everyone safe:
- Masks are required to be worn at all times. Upon arrival, all patients, clients and visitors wil be provided with a clean isolation mask (a.k.a. surgical mask) which is required to be worn for the duration of the visit. Clear masks and face shields are available for all staff members to better facilitate communication.
- Temperature checks are required of anyone entering the building. Staff will perform these checks before you come in for your appointment.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available for all in the building.
- Pens, clipboards, and credit card machines will be cleaned after each use.
- To minimize the number of people in the building we ask that you only come with one additional person, and only if it is necessary (ie. a parent with a child, caretaker, or interpreter).
- High traffic areas such as waiting rooms, the front desk, elevator and bathroom will be cleaned hourly.
- Our parking lot is not currently available to the public, we apologize for the inconvenience.
What to Expect at your Appointment:
- When you arrive at the building, you can request that the front desk team provides you with a drop off form to leave your device(s) with us. We will contact you when these items are ready for pick up. If you prefer to not enter the building, please call ahead and request that your device(s) and forms are left outside the front door for pick up.
- You will undergo a temperature check upon arrival. If you are running a temperature we will ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- After checking in at the front desk, you will be given a questionnaire to fill out in the waiting area. When you are done, place the clipboard in the clear slots on the wall outside the waiting room and return to your designated seats.
- Your appointments will be conducted as normal with the Doctors. We ask that you keep your mask on and maintain as much distance as possible.
- Payment and check-out will be handled downstairs by our Front Desk team.
- Our Audiology staff and building manager will thoroughly sanitize any equipment used during the appointment, so it is ready for the next client.
Telehealth and Drop-off Services
If you are unable to come for in-person appointments, we will still offer telehealth and drop-off services.
We will no longer allow you to wait inside the building or on the benches outside for drop-off appointments in order to limit the number of people in and around the building at one time. When you arrive at the building you can either make use of our drop off box, or fill out a form in a designated waiting room. You will be contacted for pick-up by our front desk team when your devices are ready to be retrieved.
If you’d like to schedule a telehealth appointment, give us a call at (415) 921-7658 and the front desk will do their best to accommodate you. Most appointments are still available through telehealth. Curious about what a typical telehealth appointment is like? Check out a clip of what a hearing aid consultation is like via telehealth below!
When Can I Be Seen For An Appointment?
Are you waiting on a phone call for an appointment with the Hearing and Speech Center? Rest assured, we will see you as soon as possible! We are grateful to offer our full range of services, but are still operating with a limited team to ensure safety for all. We are grateful to begin offering our full range of services, but are still operating with a limited team to ensure safety for all. If you have questions about your referral or are waiting for a call, please be patient. If you were placed on the waiting list for appointments you will be contacted to schedule an appointment soon. If you have any questions please call the front desk at (415) 921-7658 and they will let you know if your referral has been received.